Seven Amazing Performances Coming Soon to Sonoma County
You haven’t even made it through Thanksgiving and Christmas yet, so you’re probably not making plans for next year just now.
But tickets are on sale for some promising shows during 2016 at both Green Music Center in Rohnert Park and Wells Fargo Center in Santa Rosa. If you want the best seats, it’s not too early to order.
Here’s a lucky-seven list top picks:
1. Comedian Lily Tomlin, riding high with her current Netfilx TV series “Grace and Frankie,” co-starring Jane Fonda, will perform June 4 at Wells Fargo Center, just a few days after the television series returns June 1 for its second season. $59-$79. 546-3600, wellsfargocenterarts.org.
2. Jazz pianist Chick Corea and banjo virtuoso Bela Fleck team up for a show that blends not only jazz and bluegrass, but flamenco, gospel and more. The duo plays April 21 at Green Music Center’s Weill Hall. Tickets start at $65. 866-955-6040, gmc.sonoma.edu.
4. Fans of great pop vocal ensembles won’t want to miss a double treat when the Manhattan Transfer meets Take 6 in their popular “Summit” touring show coming Feb. 18 to Wells Fargo Center. $55-$65. 546-3600, wellsfargocenterarts.org.
5. You’ve seen his face on all of the late-night TV talk shows. Comedian, actor, writer and producer Nick Swardson performs April 26 in the Green Music Center’s Weill Hall. Tickets start at $25. 866-955-6040, gmc.sonoma.edu.
6. Beloved and highly respected Bay Area jazz and cabaret singer Paula West will sing standards and classics April 30 in the intimate Schroeder Hall at Green Music Center. $30. 866-955-6040, gmc.sonoma.edu.
7, With 14 million in album sales and two Grammy nominations to her credit, Loreena McKennit — Canadian musician, composer, harpist, accordionist and pianist — will perform her own band world music — with Celtic and Middle Eastern themes, March 18 at Wells Fargo Center. $45-$55. 546-3600, wellsfargocenterarts.org.