Caring for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBTQ+) Older Adults and Adults with Disabilities
- Become empowered, supported and informed about the unique needs of LGBT+ older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Understand how the caregiver’s approach affects the client’s care.
- Learn about LGBT+ identity and caregiving.
- Improve awareness and communications with and about LGBT+ people.
- Earn a Certificate of Completion and $25, if you: 1) register by one week before the training, 2) arrive at the training on time and 3) complete the four-hour class.
Sign up online for the training that fits your schedule:
- July 25, 12:30 – 4:30 p.m., Vintage House, 264 First St. East, Sonoma. Register: lgbt0725.eventbrite.com
- August 22, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Adult & Aging, 3725 Westwind Blvd.,Santa Rosa. Register: lgbt0822.eventbrite.com
- September 26, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Person Senior Center/Finley Center, 2060 W. College Ave., Santa Rosa. Register: lgbt0926.eventbrite.com
- October 9, 12:30 – 4:30 p.m., Windsor Senior Center, 9231 Foxwood Dr., Windsor. Register: lgbt1010.eventbrite.com
Space is limited, so make your free online reservation today! Call us with your questions: (707) 565-5700.
Training provided by: LGBTQ Connection, SAGECare and the Sonoma County Human Services Department Adult & Aging Division
Training funded and sponsored by: County of Sonoma, the Sonoma County Area Agency on Aging, In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority and the LBTQI Giving Circle Sonoma County