Equality California, the nation’s largest statewide LGBTQ+ civil rights organization, announced the endorsement of three pro-equality candidates for the California legislature and six openly LGBTQ+ champions for local offices.
Equality California endorsed the following candidates:
- Senate District 31: Richard Roth
- Assembly District 37: Steve Bennett and Cathy Murillo (dual endorsement)
- Alameda County Judge: Elena Condes
- Yolo County Supervisor: Linda Deos
- Corona City Council District 3: Meg E’amato
- Monterey Park City Council District 4: Henry Lo
- Huntington Park City Council: Eddie Martinez
- Loma Linda City Council: Gabriel Uribe
Names shown in bold indicate an openly LGBTQ+ candidate.
Equality California released the following statement from Executive Director Rick Zbur:
“Today, we are proud to endorse Richard Roth, a strong pro-equality ally, for his reelection to the California Senate. Voters in Assembly District 37 have two qualified, pro-equality champions to choose from, which is why we are excited to dual-endorse Steve Bennett and Cathy Murillo.
“One of Equality California’s highest priorities is to build a bench of LGBTQ+ leaders across the Golden State. Over the past few years in particular, it has been incredible to see so many openly LGBTQ+ champions run for — and win elections to — public office, up and down the ballot. That’s why we are proud to endorse Elena Condes, Linda Deos, Meg E’amato, Henry Lo, Eddie Martinez and Gabriel Uribe in their respective races this year. They represent some of the best emerging LGBTQ+ leaders in our state.”
For a full list of Equality California’s 2020 endorsements to date, visit eqca.org/elections.