Equality California, the nation’s largest statewide LGBTQ+ civil rights organization, announced endorsements of 18 pro-equality candidates Thursday, including candidates for the California Board of Equalization and Legislature and 13 openly LGBTQ+ candidates for local offices throughout the state.
The full list of new endorsements can be found below:
California Board of Equalization:
- BOE District 1: Braden Murphy
- Senate District 34: Tom Umberg
- Senate District 38: Catherine Blakespear
- Assembly District 17: Matt Haney
- Assembly District 64: Elizabeth Alcantar
- San Leandro Unified School District Board of Trustees, TA 2: James Aguilar
- Covina City Clerk: Drew Aleman
- Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors, District 4: Ken Carlson
- Sonoma County Superintendent of Schools: Dr. Amie Carter
- Palm Springs City Council, District 3: Ron deHarte
- Orange County Assessor: Rick Foster
- Vallejo City Unified School District Board of Education: John Fox
- Sunnyvale City Council, District 5: Richard Mehlinger
- San Dimas City Council, District 2: Eric Nakano
- San Leandro City Council, District 1: Celina Reynes
- Hart Union High School District Board of Trustees, TA 2: Andrew Taban
- Anaheim Union High School District Board of Trustees, TA 1: Billie Joe Wright
- El Cerrito City Council: Carolyn Wysinger
Note: Bold names indicate an openly LGBTQ+ candidate.
For a complete list of Equality California’s 2022 endorsements, please visit eqca.org/elections.